Brrrrrr… it is cold here in NYC.
I have been craving something rich and satisfying for breakfast. Oats are especially yummy this time of year, but if you do not mix-up the toppings you might get a lil bored! The other morning I was rummaging through my cabinets to find some perfect ingredient to create a new buzz to my morning routine. Chocolate is always the right answer. Throwing a spoon or two of cocoa into the oats creates a whole rich and satisfying breakfast. Try it out…. oh, and coffee doesn’t hurt either ;).
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
– 1/2 cup of fresh H20
– 1/2 cup of oats
– sprinkle of salt
– 1-2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
– fruit of your choice
– handful of pecans
- bring milk & water to boil
- add oats (regular or quick cook)
- add sprinkle of salt
- last minute of cooking throw in: cocoa, vanilla, and fruit (I love to warm berries up but prefer bananas on top).
- put into bowl and add remaining toppings.